According to SAAMI, all large rifle (to include magnum) cartridges are to be shot with 24” barrels when testing for data and pressure. However, because of the large case capacity of Nosler and Weatherby cartridges, they see magnificent gains in velocity with longer, 26” barrels. The extra 2” of barrel allows for the slower burning powders typically used in magnum cartridges to completely burn thus achieving higher velocity.Tags: Muzzle Velocities, Rifle
- Last update:
- 2016-08-26 00:27
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Who makes Nosler® Rifles?
- What is the internal magazine length for Nosler’s long and short action rifles?
- Can any options such as a muzzle brake be added to the Nosler® M48 Liberty™, Heritage™ or Outfitter™ rifles?
- Which rifles are available as left handed models?
- How Do I Troubleshoot My Rifle?
- How do I break in the barrel on my Nosler rifle?
- Why are muzzle velocities sometimes published with 24” and 26” barrel lengths in magnum cartridges such as Weatherby and Nosler?
- Can I simply buy or rent a reamer and re-chamber my 223 Remington AR15 barrel to 22 Nosler?
- Over Gassed 22 Nosler AR-15 (Case head swipe and burr)
Elk bullets Ballistic Tip Lead Free Rifles Trophy Grade Varmint Ballistic Silvertip Coyote Defense Handgun Ammo 28 Nosler Trophy Grade Long Range Nosler Seating Left Handed Rifles Safari Ballistic Tip Lead-Free Sporting Handgun 22 Nosler Reloading Powder Nosler Rifles out of stock Stem AccuBond Ammunition Solid BTMZ Muzzleloader BSB Brass Dangerous Game 30 Nosler CC Match Grade Rifle BTLF NoslerCustom Reloading Guide Barrel Break-In M48 Lands 26 Nosler Targets Barrels Ballistic Tip Varmint Partition Ballistic Tip® Varmint Bonded Solid Base Muzzle Brake Custom Rifles Case Dimension Deer
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | email@example.com
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST