According to SAAMI, all large rifle (to include magnum) cartridges are to be shot with 24” barrels when testing for data and pressure. However, because of the large case capacity of Nosler and Weatherby cartridges, they see magnificent gains in velocity with longer, 26” barrels. The extra 2” of barrel allows for the slower burning powders typically used in magnum cartridges to completely burn thus achieving higher velocity.Tags: Muzzle Velocities, Rifle
- Last update:
- 2016-08-26 00:27
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Who makes Nosler® Rifles?
- What is the internal magazine length for Nosler’s long and short action rifles?
- Can any options such as a muzzle brake be added to the Nosler® M48 Liberty™, Heritage™ or Outfitter™ rifles?
- Which rifles are available as left handed models?
- How Do I Troubleshoot My Rifle?
- How do I break in the barrel on my Nosler rifle?
- Why are muzzle velocities sometimes published with 24” and 26” barrel lengths in magnum cartridges such as Weatherby and Nosler?
- Can I simply buy or rent a reamer and re-chamber my 223 Remington AR15 barrel to 22 Nosler?
- Over Gassed 22 Nosler AR-15 (Case head swipe and burr)
Partition Deer Seating Varmageddon Match Grade Rifle Nosler Rifles Reloading Case Dimension 280 Ackley availability Burn Rate Ballistic Silvertip Ballistic Tip Lead-Free Primer Pockets Bonded Solid Base Rifle Ballistics CTBST 22 Nosler Targets Nosler Defense Handgun Competition Hollow Point Match Grade Handgun Long Range 26 Nosler Trophy Grade AccuBond Long Range Defense Rifle M48 BTLF Trophy Grade Varmint re-chamber Brass Muzzle Velocities BSB Custom Competition Nosler Ammuntion Ballistic Tip® Varmint Vertical Lines Reloading Guide Lands Ballistic Tip Varmint Dangerous Game Solid Nosler Cartridge NoslerCustom find products Reloading Guide #7
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | email@example.com
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST