Structurally, they are the same bullet. The only difference between the two is that the CTBST has a silver colored tip and a black, Winchester® Lubalox® coating on the exterior of the bullet. Lubalox® is an oxide based coating which reduces fouling and allows for more firings between barrel cleanings. It does not reduce friction to the point where loads may be increased, nor does it build up in the barrel as Moly coatings do. Lubalox® does not leave residue nor create a coating on the bore. Normal cleaning procedures should be used with CTBSTs.Tags: Ballistic Silvertip, Ballistic Tip, CTBST
- FAQ Home
- All categories
- Nosler® Brass
- Nosler® Rifles
- Nosler® Reloading Guide
- Nosler Catridges
- Misc Questions
- General Reloading
- Last update:
- 2013-10-30 22:39
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- What is the difference between the Ballistic Tip® and the AccuBond®?
- What is the difference between the AccuBond® and Partition®?
- What is the difference between AccuBond® Long Range and AccuBond®?
- What is the difference between the Ballistic Tip® and the Combined Technology® Ballistic Silvertip® (CTBST)?
- What do the different tip colors on Ballistic Tip® bullets mean?
- What is the difference between the Ballistic Tip® Varmint and Varmageddon® bullets?
- Can I hunt deer sized game with the Ballistic Tip® Varmint bullet?
- What is the difference between the Ballistic Tip® Varmint bullet and Ballistic Tip® Lead-Free™ (BTLF)?
- Why are the Ballistic Tip® Lead-Free™ (BTLF) bullets so long for their weight?
- Are there any other intended uses for the Ballistic Tip® Muzzleloader (BTMZ) bullet other than for inline muzzleloaders?
- Will the Bonded Solid Base (BSB) bullet reliably feed in an AR platform rifle?
- Can the Bonded Solid Base® (BSB) bullet be used for hunting?
- Can Custom Competition bullets be used for hunting?
- Why do some of these bullets have recommended twist rates?
- What is the E-Tip®?
- Are Nosler® Solids safe to use in Damascus steel barrels?
- Are Sporting Handgun bullets suitable to hunt game with?
- Is there a difference in terminal performance between the Varmageddon® bullet and the Ballistic Tip® Varmint bullet?
- Can I hunt deer sized game with the Varmageddon® bullet?
- Why heavy bullets are better for long range shooting.
- Which bullet should I use for elk?
- Why heavy bullets are better for larger game when using lighter calibers.
- Advantages of using a Nosler Hunting Bullet
- Why target bullets aren't designed for hunting.
- Why do you list maximum and minimum velocities for your bullets?
- Understanding twist rates and bullet stability.
- Does the lead in the rear of the Partition melt when fired out of a rifle?
- Did the Ballistic Tip® bullet get redesigned along with the new packaging?
- What happens to the polymer tip in the bullet after being fired from the rifle?
Nosler Rifles M48 Hollow Point Case Dimension Muzzleloader find products Rifles out of stock Trophy Grade Coyote Stem Seating 280 Ackley Barrel Break-In Ballistics Primer Pockets Ammo Left Handed Rifles Nosler Ammuntion Ballistic Tip Lead Free Sporting Handgun Ballistic Silvertip Long Range Reloading Guide #7 Reloading Powder 28 Nosler CTBST Loading Lands Reloading Guide Compressed Load Custom Competition Ballistic Tip BSB Ballistic Tip® Varmint Ammunition Trophy Grade Varmint Custom Rifles 30 Nosler Ballistic Tip Muzzleloader Targets Solid Customer Feedback Safari Bonded Solid Base Brass Defense Rifle Reloading Reloading Products Vertical Lines
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | email@example.com
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST