According to SAAMI, all large rifle (to include magnum) cartridges are to be shot with 24” barrels when testing for data and pressure. However, because of the large case capacity of Nosler and Weatherby cartridges, they see magnificent gains in velocity with longer, 26” barrels. The extra 2” of barrel allows for the slower burning powders typically used in magnum cartridges to completely burn thus achieving higher velocity.Tags: Muzzle Velocities, Rifle
- Last update:
- 2016-08-26 00:27
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Who makes Nosler® Rifles?
- What is the internal magazine length for Nosler’s long and short action rifles?
- Can any options such as a muzzle brake be added to the Nosler® M48 Liberty™, Heritage™ or Outfitter™ rifles?
- Which rifles are available as left handed models?
- How Do I Troubleshoot My Rifle?
- How do I break in the barrel on my Nosler rifle?
- Why are muzzle velocities sometimes published with 24” and 26” barrel lengths in magnum cartridges such as Weatherby and Nosler?
- Can I simply buy or rent a reamer and re-chamber my 223 Remington AR15 barrel to 22 Nosler?
- Over Gassed 22 Nosler AR-15 (Case head swipe and burr)
Muzzle Brake Reloading Products Sporting Handgun Long Range Partition Ballistic Tip Lead Free Rifles Safari Customer Feedback Ballistics Targets Nosler Ammuntion Defense Rifle AccuBond Ballistic Tip® Varmint Reloading Guide #7 Ammo Trophy Grade Varmint Hollow Point Lands Solid Loading Rifle Brass Ammunition Burn Rate Case Dimension Bonded Solid Base CTBST Compressed Load Vertical Lines Left Handed Rifles M48 Trophy Grade Long Range 280 Ackley Muzzle Velocities Ballistic Tip Defense Handgun Stem Match Grade Rifle BTLF Muzzleloader Custom Rifles Match Grade Handgun Varmageddon 26 Nosler BSB Hunting Ballistic Silvertip Reloading Guide
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | email@example.com
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST