According to SAAMI, all large rifle (to include magnum) cartridges are to be shot with 24” barrels when testing for data and pressure. However, because of the large case capacity of Nosler and Weatherby cartridges, they see magnificent gains in velocity with longer, 26” barrels. The extra 2” of barrel allows for the slower burning powders typically used in magnum cartridges to completely burn thus achieving higher velocity.Tags: Muzzle Velocities, Rifle
- Last update:
- 2016-08-26 00:27
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Who makes Nosler® Rifles?
- What is the internal magazine length for Nosler’s long and short action rifles?
- Can any options such as a muzzle brake be added to the Nosler® M48 Liberty™, Heritage™ or Outfitter™ rifles?
- Which rifles are available as left handed models?
- How Do I Troubleshoot My Rifle?
- How do I break in the barrel on my Nosler rifle?
- Why are muzzle velocities sometimes published with 24” and 26” barrel lengths in magnum cartridges such as Weatherby and Nosler?
- Can I simply buy or rent a reamer and re-chamber my 223 Remington AR15 barrel to 22 Nosler?
- Over Gassed 22 Nosler AR-15 (Case head swipe and burr)
Custom Rifles BSB bullets CTBST re-chamber Ballistics Coyote AccuBond NoslerCustom Barrels Nosler Cartridge Nosler Rifles AccuBond Long Range ABLR 30 Nosler Elk Compressed Load Customer Feedback Dangerous Game Reloading Targets Competition Bonded Solid Base BTLF BTMZ Loading Lands Long Range Ballistic Tip® Varmint Stem Muzzle Brake Ballistic Tip E-Tip 28 Nosler Barrel Break-In Hunting Reloading Guide #7 Trophy Grade Varmint Reloading Guide 280 Ackley Defense Handgun Ballistic Tip Varmint Solid 22 Nosler out of stock Deer Rifle Ballistic Silvertip find products Left Handed Rifles
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | email@example.com
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST