Several factors contribute to variations in data. The hardness of different bullets affect how they obdurate to the bore which affects the drag. Different barrels can produce different results, test barrel vs. production barrel. Different lots of powder may produce variations, and different pressure measuring techniques may produce different results. All reloading data is a guide not an absolute and the reason it is recommended to start low and work up.
- Last update:
- 2013-10-31 23:00
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Fine-tuning bullet seating depth.
- Why is the powder I have not listed in your data?
- Why don’t I get the same velocities listed in your manual from my rifle?
- Why do different manuals have different data?
- What is SAAMI?
- What is SAAMI spec?
- Why are reduced loads potentially dangerous?
- What is the definition of “burn rate”?
- What is a compressed load?
- Why are there compressed loads (more than 100% load density) listed in your Reloading Manual?
- What is load density and how is it possible to have more than 100% load density i.e. compressed load?
- How is it possible to get over 100% load density?
Bonded Solid Base CTBST Lands Custom Rifles Trophy Grade Long Range Reloading Products Targets Solid Coyote 22 Nosler Hollow Point Ballistic Tip Lead Free Match Grade Handgun Muzzle Brake availability Custom Competition Rifle Elk Partition AccuBond Dangerous Game Ballistic Silvertip E-Tip Muzzle Velocities Reloading Barrel Break-In Brass AccuBond Long Range Ballistic Tip® Varmint BSB BTMZ Defense Rifle Seating Loading BTLF Ammunition NoslerCustom Hunting Reloading Powder Varmageddon Nosler Rifles Primer Pockets Trophy Grade Defense Handgun Nosler Ammuntion Ballistic Tip Lead-Free 26 Nosler Left Handed Rifles Match Grade Rifle Ballistic Tip Muzzleloader
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST