Burn rate is the speed at which a powder consumes itself, generating gas to propel a bullet. The faster the burn rate, the less powder required to reach a specific pressure, also less gas is created to push the projectile. There are approximately 170 different powders available to reloaders. Depending on the cartridge case capacity, bullet weight and barrel length only a few powders will give optimum performance. Too fast a powder will yield low velocities and too slow a powder will not reach maximum pressures or velocities.Tags: Burn Rate
- Last update:
- 2013-10-31 23:02
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Fine-tuning bullet seating depth.
- Why is the powder I have not listed in your data?
- Why don’t I get the same velocities listed in your manual from my rifle?
- Why do different manuals have different data?
- What is SAAMI?
- What is SAAMI spec?
- Why are reduced loads potentially dangerous?
- What is the definition of “burn rate”?
- What is a compressed load?
- Why are there compressed loads (more than 100% load density) listed in your Reloading Manual?
- What is load density and how is it possible to have more than 100% load density i.e. compressed load?
- How is it possible to get over 100% load density?
Hunting Targets Ballistic Silvertip Reloading Powder Trophy Grade BTMZ Left Handed Rifles Reloading Safari BSB Reloading Guide Ballistic Tip Lead-Free Case Dimension Elk Partition Ballistic Tip Varmint Defense Handgun Customer Feedback Varmageddon Nosler Rifles Ballistics Sporting Handgun Barrels Custom Rifles Rifles Compressed Load CC Nosler Ammuntion 280 Ackley Ballistic Tip Nosler Cartridge Bonded Solid Base Vertical Lines Defense Rifle Muzzle Velocities availability Stem Muzzleloader AccuBond Long Range Burn Rate Ballistic Tip Muzzleloader Hollow Point 30 Nosler Solid Ammo Competition Barrel Break-In BTLF Rifle Reloading Guide #7
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | email@example.com
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST