All compressed loads in any of Nosler’s published data are safe to shoot and are under SAAMI maximum recommended pressure. When seating the bullet on a compressed load, you will most likely hear/feel the crunching of powder granules – this is normal. As long as you are following Nosler’s load data requirements, compressed loads are safe to shoot. Like all Nosler load data, compressed loads are a well-balanced combination of powder burn rate, cartridge case capacity and safe pressures deemed by SAAMI.
- Last update:
- 2013-10-31 23:03
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Fine-tuning bullet seating depth.
- Why is the powder I have not listed in your data?
- Why don’t I get the same velocities listed in your manual from my rifle?
- Why do different manuals have different data?
- What is SAAMI?
- What is SAAMI spec?
- Why are reduced loads potentially dangerous?
- What is the definition of “burn rate”?
- What is a compressed load?
- Why are there compressed loads (more than 100% load density) listed in your Reloading Manual?
- What is load density and how is it possible to have more than 100% load density i.e. compressed load?
- How is it possible to get over 100% load density?
Reloading Guide #7 Trophy Grade Varmint AccuBond Long Range E-Tip Ballistics Nosler Cartridge Primer Pockets Burn Rate Dangerous Game Reloading Products Bonded Solid Base BTMZ Coyote Case Dimension Rifle Ballistic Tip Varmint Barrel Break-In Sporting Handgun Match Grade Handgun Custom Rifles find products Reloading Guide Muzzle Brake AccuBond Ballistic Tip Lead-Free Ammunition NoslerCustom Targets Hollow Point Match Grade Rifle CTBST Nosler Ammuntion Ballistic Tip Muzzleloader Defense Handgun CC BSB Compressed Load out of stock Brass Seating Left Handed Rifles Ballistic Tip® Varmint re-chamber Reloading Powder Competition Long Range Partition 280 Ackley Trophy Grade Long Range Reloading
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST