All compressed loads in any of Nosler’s published data are safe to shoot and are under SAAMI maximum recommended pressure. When seating the bullet on a compressed load, you will most likely hear/feel the crunching of powder granules – this is normal. As long as you are following Nosler’s load data requirements, compressed loads are safe to shoot. Like all Nosler load data, compressed loads are a well-balanced combination of powder burn rate, cartridge case capacity and safe pressures deemed by SAAMI.
- Last update:
- 2013-10-31 23:03
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Fine-tuning bullet seating depth.
- Why is the powder I have not listed in your data?
- Why don’t I get the same velocities listed in your manual from my rifle?
- Why do different manuals have different data?
- What is SAAMI?
- What is SAAMI spec?
- Why are reduced loads potentially dangerous?
- What is the definition of “burn rate”?
- What is a compressed load?
- Why are there compressed loads (more than 100% load density) listed in your Reloading Manual?
- What is load density and how is it possible to have more than 100% load density i.e. compressed load?
- How is it possible to get over 100% load density?
Nosler Cartridge Ammunition Muzzleloader Case Dimension Targets Reloading Guide #7 Barrels Reloading Powder CC Compressed Load Deer Hunting Ballistics Solid Coyote Reloading Products 22 Nosler Brass Reloading find products Lands Ballistic Tip Varmint CTBST Ballistic Tip® Varmint Muzzle Velocities Match Grade Handgun Ballistic Tip Lead Free Bonded Solid Base Stem Ballistic Tip Muzzleloader AccuBond Long Range re-chamber Customer Feedback Trophy Grade Varmint availability Long Range Defense Rifle Rifle Barrel Break-In Rifles Trophy Grade E-Tip Match Grade Rifle BTMZ Partition 280 Ackley Nosler M48 Seating BTLF
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | email@example.com
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST