According to SAAMI, all large rifle (to include magnum) cartridges are to be shot with 24” barrels when testing for data and pressure. However, because of the large case capacity of Nosler and Weatherby cartridges, they see magnificent gains in velocity with longer, 26” barrels. The extra 2” of barrel allows for the slower burning powders typically used in magnum cartridges to completely burn thus achieving higher velocity.Tags: Muzzle Velocities, Rifle
- Last update:
- 2016-08-26 00:27
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Who makes Nosler® Rifles?
- What is the internal magazine length for Nosler’s long and short action rifles?
- Can any options such as a muzzle brake be added to the Nosler® M48 Liberty™, Heritage™ or Outfitter™ rifles?
- Which rifles are available as left handed models?
- How Do I Troubleshoot My Rifle?
- How do I break in the barrel on my Nosler rifle?
- Why are muzzle velocities sometimes published with 24” and 26” barrel lengths in magnum cartridges such as Weatherby and Nosler?
- Can I simply buy or rent a reamer and re-chamber my 223 Remington AR15 barrel to 22 Nosler?
- Over Gassed 22 Nosler AR-15 (Case head swipe and burr)
Muzzle Velocities AccuBond Long Range Ammo Trophy Grade Long Range Stem Trophy Grade Varmint Reloading Products Targets Ballistic Tip Varmint Brass find products bullets Barrel Break-In Left Handed Rifles Match Grade Rifle Nosler Ammuntion Ballistic Silvertip Reloading Guide Hollow Point E-Tip ABLR re-chamber Muzzleloader Ballistic Tip Ballistic Tip Muzzleloader NoslerCustom M48 28 Nosler Nosler Rifles Hunting Long Range BTLF availability 30 Nosler 280 Ackley Primer Pockets Lands Bonded Solid Base Loading Solid Ballistic Tip Lead Free Trophy Grade Compressed Load Coyote Varmageddon Burn Rate Seating 26 Nosler BTMZ Barrels
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | email@example.com
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST