According to SAAMI, all large rifle (to include magnum) cartridges are to be shot with 24” barrels when testing for data and pressure. However, because of the large case capacity of Nosler and Weatherby cartridges, they see magnificent gains in velocity with longer, 26” barrels. The extra 2” of barrel allows for the slower burning powders typically used in magnum cartridges to completely burn thus achieving higher velocity.Tags: Muzzle Velocities, Rifle
- Last update:
- 2016-08-26 00:27
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Who makes Nosler® Rifles?
- What is the internal magazine length for Nosler’s long and short action rifles?
- Can any options such as a muzzle brake be added to the Nosler® M48 Liberty™, Heritage™ or Outfitter™ rifles?
- Which rifles are available as left handed models?
- How Do I Troubleshoot My Rifle?
- How do I break in the barrel on my Nosler rifle?
- Why are muzzle velocities sometimes published with 24” and 26” barrel lengths in magnum cartridges such as Weatherby and Nosler?
- Can I simply buy or rent a reamer and re-chamber my 223 Remington AR15 barrel to 22 Nosler?
- Over Gassed 22 Nosler AR-15 (Case head swipe and burr)
Ammunition Muzzle Velocities Barrels Trophy Grade Rifle Defense Rifle Vertical Lines Defense Handgun Safari Ballistics Ammo Lands Custom Competition find products CTBST Barrel Break-In Burn Rate Match Grade Handgun NoslerCustom re-chamber 28 Nosler Ballistic Tip® Varmint Sporting Handgun Varmageddon Partition Ballistic Tip Rifles Competition Seating AccuBond Ballistic Tip Lead-Free Nosler Compressed Load 280 Ackley Stem Ballistic Tip Muzzleloader AccuBond Long Range BTLF Solid out of stock Targets Loading CC Elk Nosler Rifles Nosler Ammuntion availability Dangerous Game Ballistic Tip Lead Free 30 Nosler
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST