The Custom Competition line of bullets was designed for maximized interior and exterior ballistic performance but not terminal ballistics. We do not recommend Nosler’s Custom Competition™ bullets for hunting because their internal construction makes them unpredictable on how they’ll perform in a game animal (terminal performance). Custom Competition™ bullets are manufactured in the traditional Cup and Draw method using copper strip to construct the bullet jacket. The jacket wall thickness is consistent around the entire bullet, making for an accurate projectile. Essentially, we are most concerned with everything the Custom Competition™ bullet does up until it hits the target but not afterwards. Nosler’s hunting bullets (Partition®, AccuBond®, AccuBond® LR, E-Tip®, Ballistic Tip® and Ballistic Silvertip®) are manufactured using an impact extrusion method which allows maximized internal, external AND terminal ballistics since we are very concerned with what our hunting bullets do before and after they hit the intended target. Custom Competition™ (Cup and Draw) bullets; great for targets, not on game.Tags: Competition, Custom Competition, Targets
- FAQ Home
- All categories
- Nosler® Brass
- Nosler® Rifles
- Nosler® Reloading Guide
- Nosler Catridges
- Misc Questions
- General Reloading
- Last update:
- 2013-10-30 22:41
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- What is the difference between the Ballistic Tip® and the AccuBond®?
- What is the difference between the AccuBond® and Partition®?
- What is the difference between AccuBond® Long Range and AccuBond®?
- What is the difference between the Ballistic Tip® and the Combined Technology® Ballistic Silvertip® (CTBST)?
- What do the different tip colors on Ballistic Tip® bullets mean?
- What is the difference between the Ballistic Tip® Varmint and Varmageddon® bullets?
- Can I hunt deer sized game with the Ballistic Tip® Varmint bullet?
- What is the difference between the Ballistic Tip® Varmint bullet and Ballistic Tip® Lead-Free™ (BTLF)?
- Why are the Ballistic Tip® Lead-Free™ (BTLF) bullets so long for their weight?
- Are there any other intended uses for the Ballistic Tip® Muzzleloader (BTMZ) bullet other than for inline muzzleloaders?
- Will the Bonded Solid Base (BSB) bullet reliably feed in an AR platform rifle?
- Can the Bonded Solid Base® (BSB) bullet be used for hunting?
- Can Custom Competition bullets be used for hunting?
- Why do some of these bullets have recommended twist rates?
- What is the E-Tip®?
- Are Nosler® Solids safe to use in Damascus steel barrels?
- Are Sporting Handgun bullets suitable to hunt game with?
- Is there a difference in terminal performance between the Varmageddon® bullet and the Ballistic Tip® Varmint bullet?
- Can I hunt deer sized game with the Varmageddon® bullet?
- Why heavy bullets are better for long range shooting.
- Which bullet should I use for elk?
- Why heavy bullets are better for larger game when using lighter calibers.
- Advantages of using a Nosler Hunting Bullet
- Why target bullets aren't designed for hunting.
- Why do you list maximum and minimum velocities for your bullets?
- Understanding twist rates and bullet stability.
- Does the lead in the rear of the Partition melt when fired out of a rifle?
- Did the Ballistic Tip® bullet get redesigned along with the new packaging?
- What happens to the polymer tip in the bullet after being fired from the rifle?
Ballistic Silvertip Custom Competition re-chamber find products Trophy Grade Nosler Solid Ballistic Tip CC 26 Nosler Ballistic Tip Lead Free Long Range Seating Coyote NoslerCustom Hunting Muzzleloader Dangerous Game Ballistic Tip Lead-Free Match Grade Handgun AccuBond Sporting Handgun ABLR Primer Pockets Ballistic Tip® Varmint Loading Defense Rifle Reloading Powder bullets Ballistic Tip Varmint Ammo Barrel Break-In Customer Feedback AccuBond Long Range 30 Nosler Muzzle Brake Reloading Products Brass Targets availability Nosler Cartridge Vertical Lines Elk 280 Ackley BSB Match Grade Rifle CTBST Stem Lands Trophy Grade Varmint
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | email@example.com
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST