According to SAAMI, all large rifle (to include magnum) cartridges are to be shot with 24” barrels when testing for data and pressure. However, because of the large case capacity of Nosler and Weatherby cartridges, they see magnificent gains in velocity with longer, 26” barrels. The extra 2” of barrel allows for the slower burning powders typically used in magnum cartridges to completely burn thus achieving higher velocity.Tags: Muzzle Velocities, Rifle
- Last update:
- 2016-08-26 00:27
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Who makes Nosler® Rifles?
- What is the internal magazine length for Nosler’s long and short action rifles?
- Can any options such as a muzzle brake be added to the Nosler® M48 Liberty™, Heritage™ or Outfitter™ rifles?
- Which rifles are available as left handed models?
- How Do I Troubleshoot My Rifle?
- How do I break in the barrel on my Nosler rifle?
- Why are muzzle velocities sometimes published with 24” and 26” barrel lengths in magnum cartridges such as Weatherby and Nosler?
- Can I simply buy or rent a reamer and re-chamber my 223 Remington AR15 barrel to 22 Nosler?
- Over Gassed 22 Nosler AR-15 (Case head swipe and burr)
AccuBond Long Range Nosler Rifles out of stock Stem CC re-chamber Coyote Left Handed Rifles Muzzle Brake Trophy Grade Long Range Ballistic Tip Lead-Free Sporting Handgun Nosler Cartridge Brass AccuBond NoslerCustom Ammo availability Reloading Nosler Ammuntion Long Range Ballistic Tip Solid Trophy Grade Varmint Trophy Grade 26 Nosler Match Grade Rifle ABLR Hollow Point CTBST Ballistic Tip® Varmint Partition Rifle Ballistic Tip Varmint Safari BTLF Custom Competition Ballistic Silvertip 28 Nosler Defense Handgun Competition Burn Rate Compressed Load Custom Rifles Rifles Reloading Powder BTMZ Seating bullets Match Grade Handgun
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | email@example.com
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST