According to SAAMI, all large rifle (to include magnum) cartridges are to be shot with 24” barrels when testing for data and pressure. However, because of the large case capacity of Nosler and Weatherby cartridges, they see magnificent gains in velocity with longer, 26” barrels. The extra 2” of barrel allows for the slower burning powders typically used in magnum cartridges to completely burn thus achieving higher velocity.Tags: Muzzle Velocities, Rifle
- Last update:
- 2016-08-26 00:27
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Who makes Nosler® Rifles?
- What is the internal magazine length for Nosler’s long and short action rifles?
- Can any options such as a muzzle brake be added to the Nosler® M48 Liberty™, Heritage™ or Outfitter™ rifles?
- Which rifles are available as left handed models?
- How Do I Troubleshoot My Rifle?
- How do I break in the barrel on my Nosler rifle?
- Why are muzzle velocities sometimes published with 24” and 26” barrel lengths in magnum cartridges such as Weatherby and Nosler?
- Can I simply buy or rent a reamer and re-chamber my 223 Remington AR15 barrel to 22 Nosler?
- Over Gassed 22 Nosler AR-15 (Case head swipe and burr)
Lands Match Grade Handgun CC Dangerous Game out of stock Hunting Ballistic Tip® Varmint Compressed Load Nosler Nosler Ammuntion Stem Primer Pockets Barrel Break-In Custom Rifles Defense Handgun 22 Nosler E-Tip Vertical Lines Reloading Rifle Reloading Guide Seating Safari Match Grade Rifle Ballistic Tip Lead-Free re-chamber AccuBond Long Range BTLF Hollow Point Ballistic Silvertip Solid Burn Rate find products Ballistics BTMZ Ballistic Tip Lead Free bullets Ballistic Tip Varmint Customer Feedback CTBST 280 Ackley 28 Nosler availability Ammunition Varmageddon Reloading Guide #7 Competition Trophy Grade Varmint Reloading Products Muzzle Brake
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | email@example.com
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST