According to SAAMI, all large rifle (to include magnum) cartridges are to be shot with 24” barrels when testing for data and pressure. However, because of the large case capacity of Nosler and Weatherby cartridges, they see magnificent gains in velocity with longer, 26” barrels. The extra 2” of barrel allows for the slower burning powders typically used in magnum cartridges to completely burn thus achieving higher velocity.Tags: Muzzle Velocities, Rifle
- Last update:
- 2016-08-26 00:27
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Who makes Nosler® Rifles?
- What is the internal magazine length for Nosler’s long and short action rifles?
- Can any options such as a muzzle brake be added to the Nosler® M48 Liberty™, Heritage™ or Outfitter™ rifles?
- Which rifles are available as left handed models?
- How Do I Troubleshoot My Rifle?
- How do I break in the barrel on my Nosler rifle?
- Why are muzzle velocities sometimes published with 24” and 26” barrel lengths in magnum cartridges such as Weatherby and Nosler?
- Can I simply buy or rent a reamer and re-chamber my 223 Remington AR15 barrel to 22 Nosler?
- Over Gassed 22 Nosler AR-15 (Case head swipe and burr)
Bonded Solid Base bullets BTMZ Trophy Grade Varmint Solid Barrel Break-In Rifle Reloading Powder Trophy Grade Long Range M48 Custom Rifles Seating Ballistic Silvertip find products Ballistic Tip Hollow Point Match Grade Handgun Ballistic Tip Lead Free Muzzle Velocities Long Range Dangerous Game Reloading Guide CC Rifles Barrels Varmageddon 280 Ackley Nosler Elk Primer Pockets Safari AccuBond Defense Handgun Loading Reloading Compressed Load E-Tip Ballistic Tip® Varmint Case Dimension AccuBond Long Range Deer Stem Sporting Handgun re-chamber Reloading Products ABLR 28 Nosler Defense Rifle Vertical Lines Reloading Guide #7
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST