While it is technically possible to re-chamber your 223 Remington AR15 barrel to 22 Nosler, it is far more difficult than a typical barrel chambering job and not within the ability of most gunsmiths. The 22 Nosler was designed with the cartridge shoulder being somewhat shorter than the 223 Remington in order to prevent a 223 Rem cartridge from chambering in the 22 Nosler chamber. For this reason, a 223 Rem barrel would need to be set back before re-chambering to ensure it properly cleans up. Due to the clocking of the AR15 barrel extension and gas port, this is a very difficult task. There are many drop-in barrels and upper assemblies available in 22 Nosler that take advantage of the AR15 platform and it’s modularity, and we recommend people follow this path.Tags: 22 Nosler, re-chamber
- Last update:
- 2017-05-15 23:12
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Who makes Nosler® Rifles?
- What is the internal magazine length for Nosler’s long and short action rifles?
- Can any options such as a muzzle brake be added to the Nosler® M48 Liberty™, Heritage™ or Outfitter™ rifles?
- Which rifles are available as left handed models?
- How Do I Troubleshoot My Rifle?
- How do I break in the barrel on my Nosler rifle?
- Why are muzzle velocities sometimes published with 24” and 26” barrel lengths in magnum cartridges such as Weatherby and Nosler?
- Can I simply buy or rent a reamer and re-chamber my 223 Remington AR15 barrel to 22 Nosler?
- Over Gassed 22 Nosler AR-15 (Case head swipe and burr)
Long Range out of stock Compressed Load M48 ABLR Reloading NoslerCustom Lands Nosler Rifle Hunting Burn Rate Trophy Grade 28 Nosler Reloading Guide #7 Coyote Reloading Powder AccuBond Long Range 26 Nosler Case Dimension Ballistic Tip Muzzleloader Custom Rifles Sporting Handgun Seating Elk BTMZ Dangerous Game AccuBond Reloading Guide 22 Nosler bullets BSB Nosler Ammuntion Partition Customer Feedback Match Grade Rifle Ballistic Tip Lead-Free Trophy Grade Long Range Solid Match Grade Handgun Ballistic Tip Lead Free Targets Stem Loading 30 Nosler re-chamber Nosler Rifles BTLF Custom Competition 280 Ackley
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | email@example.com
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST