According to SAAMI, all large rifle (to include magnum) cartridges are to be shot with 24” barrels when testing for data and pressure. However, because of the large case capacity of Nosler and Weatherby cartridges, they see magnificent gains in velocity with longer, 26” barrels. The extra 2” of barrel allows for the slower burning powders typically used in magnum cartridges to completely burn thus achieving higher velocity.Tags: Muzzle Velocities, Rifle
- Last update:
- 2016-08-26 00:27
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Who makes Nosler® Rifles?
- What is the internal magazine length for Nosler’s long and short action rifles?
- Can any options such as a muzzle brake be added to the Nosler® M48 Liberty™, Heritage™ or Outfitter™ rifles?
- Which rifles are available as left handed models?
- How Do I Troubleshoot My Rifle?
- How do I break in the barrel on my Nosler rifle?
- Why are muzzle velocities sometimes published with 24” and 26” barrel lengths in magnum cartridges such as Weatherby and Nosler?
- Can I simply buy or rent a reamer and re-chamber my 223 Remington AR15 barrel to 22 Nosler?
- Over Gassed 22 Nosler AR-15 (Case head swipe and burr)
Targets Barrels Match Grade Rifle Trophy Grade Match Grade Handgun Ammo Varmageddon Seating Sporting Handgun 28 Nosler out of stock M48 Left Handed Rifles Defense Handgun find products Rifles Customer Feedback Safari Loading Solid Ballistic Tip Lead-Free Compressed Load AccuBond Long Range Ballistic Silvertip CC Vertical Lines Trophy Grade Varmint Ammunition Muzzleloader 22 Nosler Ballistic Tip Nosler Ammuntion Muzzle Brake Case Dimension CTBST Nosler Ballistic Tip® Varmint 30 Nosler Primer Pockets Barrel Break-In Ballistic Tip Lead Free E-Tip BSB Elk Bonded Solid Base Nosler Rifles ABLR Competition Ballistic Tip Varmint 26 Nosler
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST