According to SAAMI, all large rifle (to include magnum) cartridges are to be shot with 24” barrels when testing for data and pressure. However, because of the large case capacity of Nosler and Weatherby cartridges, they see magnificent gains in velocity with longer, 26” barrels. The extra 2” of barrel allows for the slower burning powders typically used in magnum cartridges to completely burn thus achieving higher velocity.Tags: Muzzle Velocities, Rifle
- Last update:
- 2016-08-26 00:27
- John Bullet
You cannot comment on this entry
- Who makes Nosler® Rifles?
- What is the internal magazine length for Nosler’s long and short action rifles?
- Can any options such as a muzzle brake be added to the Nosler® M48 Liberty™, Heritage™ or Outfitter™ rifles?
- Which rifles are available as left handed models?
- How Do I Troubleshoot My Rifle?
- How do I break in the barrel on my Nosler rifle?
- Why are muzzle velocities sometimes published with 24” and 26” barrel lengths in magnum cartridges such as Weatherby and Nosler?
- Can I simply buy or rent a reamer and re-chamber my 223 Remington AR15 barrel to 22 Nosler?
- Over Gassed 22 Nosler AR-15 (Case head swipe and burr)
Compressed Load Rifles Trophy Grade Long Range Match Grade Handgun Reloading Guide AccuBond Long Range AccuBond BTLF Seating Nosler Ammuntion Nosler 30 Nosler Brass Sporting Handgun Coyote find products Muzzle Velocities ABLR Hunting Safari Deer CC Elk CTBST Ammo Left Handed Rifles Rifle Customer Feedback Primer Pockets Lands Custom Competition 22 Nosler NoslerCustom re-chamber Custom Rifles Dangerous Game Ballistic Silvertip Burn Rate E-Tip Trophy Grade Trophy Grade Varmint Case Dimension Long Range Ammunition Partition Match Grade Rifle Ballistic Tip® Varmint Reloading Muzzle Brake Nosler Rifles
Excellence - Integrity - Service
115 SW Columbia St | Bend, Oregon, USA 97702 | Toll Free: 1-800-285-3701 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Nosler Showroom / Open to the Public: Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm PST
Corporate Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm PST